Updates and Awards
To date, we've posted more than 70 contributed chapters, most in both English and Spanish, to our IPM textbook on World Wide Web on the server. Bill Hutchison , Rafael Cancelado and I, co-editors of this textbook, are tremendously pleased with the quality of the chapters we've received and we eagerly await those invited but still in preparation. We welcome suggestions for additional contributors or topics and strongly encourage unsolicited submission of chapters. Be assured, you don't need an invitation!
View our most recent postings
- Rahman, M. M., Department of Entomology, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Gazipur, Bangladesh, Vegetable IPM in Bangladesh.
- Sharma, O.P., R.C. Lavekar*, K.S. Murthy and S.N. Puri, NCIPM, New Delhi, India, Habitat Diversity and Predatory Insects in Cotton IPM: Case Study of Maharasthra Cotton Eco-System.
- James H. Tsai, University of Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, Citrus Greening and its Psyllid Vector.
- Weiss, Michael J., Denise Olson, Janet J. Knodel, Insect Pests of Canola.
- Ragsdale, David W.1, Erin W. Hodgson1, Brian P. McCornack1, Karrie A. Koch1, Robert C. Venette2, and Bruce D. Potter3, 1University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota, 2United States Forest Service, St. Paul, Minnesota, 3University of Minnesota, Southwest Research & Outreach Center, Lamberton, Minnesota, Soybean Aphid and the Challenge of Integrating Recommendations within an IPM System.
Recognition and Awards
|April 2006||Indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge, Current Web Contents, Thomson Scientific.|
|March 5, 2004||Killing Bugs Softly: review of IPM World Textbook published in NetWatch column, Science 303: 1445, 5.|
|November 2001||Selected for Distinguished Educational Excellence Award by AmericanUniversity.Net|
|September 1999||Selected as an Open Directory Cool Site in the Netscape Open Directory, category: Science/Agriculture/Pest Managment/Integrated Pest Management.|
|May 1999||Selected by University of Florida for coveted Best of the Bugs Award. This award is bestowed by a committee of professional entomologists and nematologists to sites judged to be in the top 5% of insect- or nematode-related WWW sites.|
|June 1997||Selected as TIP of the Month by The Plant Pathology Internet Guide Book, hosted at the University of Hanover.|
|March 1997||Selected for 1997 Entomology Educational Project Award by The Board Certified Entomologists of Mid-America at the North Central Branch Meetings of ESA.|